主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element X remote control
I purchased the Element X almost 2 months ago from headphones.com (USA).
This is such an excellent product!

However, in my opinion, it has one little shortcoming:
the IR remote control functions do not match up very well with the excellent software app functions.
In the software app (iOS), different buttons control USB input and Network input.
On the physical IR remote, one button is used to toggle between USB and Network.
In my opinion, it is much better to have 2 separate buttons.  Pairing USB and Network (with individual controls for other inputs) seems arbitrary.

Usually, this difference is not significant.
However, it becomes important when we try to program a universal remote control (such as the Logitech Harmony)
or the Roon "Deep Harmony" extension.
In these situations, it is desirable to distinguish the inputs clearly, in order to support  switching between separate "activities".

Otherwise, we can wind up with 牛头不对马嘴 (~= inconsistent) results!

Tom
Maryland, USA
回复
Hi Tom,
Please allow me to express my admiration for your Chinese words.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
As I know, the USB/Network button of the physical IR remote send the same type of IR signal as other buttons. They use the same address code. so if you want to manage to program a universal remote control, just configure this button in the same way as other buttons. It would works.

Have you tried with it? what's the result and reaction of element X when you pressing the programmed button?
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客