主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Help with basics on external SSD music library
Cheers, I am working with a mini-i_Pro_4 and I really like it- except I'm having some issues connecting an external drive with my music on it.. I've gone through the instructions, it seems like you attach a drive via USB-C with your music on it, and magically it shows up in the library on the app... I have not found this to be the case... 

The first issues I had was that I figured out it had to be formatted in an exFAT format?  I'm an Apple user, and the drive originally was formatted in APFS.. Didn't even show up.. 

So I reformatted the WD_BLACK 2Tb SSD Drive in exFAT, loaded up about 200gb of music in it. There was no /master folder, there was just folders for each album with the corresponding tracks inside.  Most of the tracks were encoded in .mp3 or .m4a.  When I attach the drive to the rear USB-C port, it recognizes the drive, and it says it's indexing it and then .....nothing..  I look on the app and there are no albums or songs listed in the library- 

Am I doing something wrong with the file structure?  I can't find any information or instructions in the manual for how drives should be formatted and organized with music tracks being used as your Library. 

What about album cover images?? in the advertisements, you see a user scrolling through images of albums with the tracks listed below.. Does it pull album covers from an online source or do I have to load those up from my album cover art library from iTunes or whatever? 

Please advise-  Thanks! 

Coleman
回复
(05-20-2024, 02:34 PM)M Coleman 提到: Cheers, I am working with a mini-i_Pro_4 and I really like it- except I'm having some issues connecting an external drive with my music on it.. I've gone through the instructions, it seems like you attach a drive via USB-C with your music on it, and magically it shows up in the library on the app... I have not found this to be the case... 

The first issues I had was that I figured out it had to be formatted in an exFAT format?  I'm an Apple user, and the drive originally was formatted in APFS.. Didn't even show up.. 

So I reformatted the WD_BLACK 2Tb SSD Drive in exFAT, loaded up about 200gb of music in it. There was no /master folder, there was just folders for each album with the corresponding tracks inside.  Most of the tracks were encoded in .mp3 or .m4a.  When I attach the drive to the rear USB-C port, it recognizes the drive, and it says it's indexing it and then .....nothing..  I look on the app and there are no albums or songs listed in the library- 

Am I doing something wrong with the file structure?  I can't find any information or instructions in the manual for how drives should be formatted and organized with music tracks being used as your Library. 

What about album cover images?? in the advertisements, you see a user scrolling through images of albums with the tracks listed below.. Does it pull album covers from an online source or do I have to load those up from my album cover art library from iTunes or whatever? 

Please advise-  Thanks! 

Coleman
Hi Coleman,
Please refer to the illustration. In the Source settings, do you see your hard drive listed? Have you tried syncing it? If you have already synced it and it doesn't appear under the Albums category, please check under the Files category to see if your hard drive is there and if it contains any songs.

For displaying the album cover, we suggest adding cover photos to the folders. The app will then show them accordingly.
回复
Got it, thanks. HD Seems to work now... Unfortunately, my old iTunes placed all of the artwork in a separate folder, is there anyway to automatically place artwork back in album folders maybe with a separate program? Or must all be done manually? I've got like 5000 albums...
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: