主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element S - now a brick
After receiving my element s i hooked it up and started playing local files from my nas via jriver.  I was pleased as i started streaming my many file types.
After running through the different options, i found that hires files dont play. They start, stop, stutter, and jump around. As i went up in sampling rate, the problems increased. Meaning the 96k files played better than the 192k but none of them are listenable.

I thought it might be a firmware issue (why doesnt matrix add the most recent firmware listings for the element s like they do for every other device on the forum?). I found there was an update pending so i downloaded and installed.  After rebooting the device with the exact same settings used as before the update no hires files play without problems. In case it matters, all my testing / listening is being done via the usb output to my dac.

My $80 raspberry pi works (usb output to same dac played through same jriver) with every song & music file type flawlessly so i am using this in the interim.  It also shows me that the problem is not in my audio chain but rather the matrix streamer. In addition, my eversolo a6 works similarly to the pi where every song i have in my collection plays perfectly

Since we are on the topic of bugs and things not working, the app refuses to scan my network for my files even when i select the nas drive.  It has been given permissions, just like the pi and the eversolo streamer I have. I dont need the app to work (I use jriver) I know how bad it is from my prior matrix elements but i thought i would try using the app to eliminate any blame being put on jriver.  

Any suggestions for me to try or should i just return the unit?  
The element s is hires compatible, correct?
Thanks

I tried to attach a lou reed 24b /96k file that is being played on my desktop through the matrix and recorded by my phone but i am not allowed due to file type
回复

这个主题的帖子
Element S - now a brick - by charles_758 - 07-05-2023, 01:17 PM
RE: Element S - now a brick - by Wei Cao - 07-06-2023, 06:46 AM
RE: Element S - now a brick - by charles_758 - 07-06-2023, 08:13 AM
RE: Element S - now a brick - by charles_758 - 07-06-2023, 11:34 PM
RE: Element S - now a brick - by Wei Cao - 07-07-2023, 02:21 AM
RE: Element S - now a brick - by charles_758 - 07-10-2023, 10:50 AM

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客