主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element S and DSF-files playback problems.
Hello Support,

The Element S has the latest Firmware update.

I have extracted several SACD into a HDD and connect the HDD to USB-C port, the playback audio quality is high as such with no added disturbances, over the IIS port, but :

1. DSF-files: There are no continuous playback for the next numbers on the album. Playback stops after one track and if I klick on the three dods on the right side of the album name; in the new window, I can chose 'Play all' ! But it still only plays one track of the album. What is this ? This is really basic in the functionality of any 'player' and not ocay quality ! Or have i missed out on something here ? Do you have a functional work around ?
This is not a problem with other audio file formats like AWE, MP3 or FLAC, or from an audio CD also played, - all done over the IIS port.

2. DSF-files: When I chose another number (mobil software) in the list from an album, there is always a loud klick/(pop)-sound (equally on left and right speaker) which is not level regulated db-wise by the position of the volume control on the DAC/preamp: Topping D90SE. This is a serious problem !
I'm petty shure it has to do with how the streamer handles DSF, because when I use at portable CD drive on USB-C and the IIS port and change tracks there are no klick at all. 
Occasionally there can be 'smaller' klicks between tracks in FLAC format on HHD over USB-C, they are also annoying and tend to 'hit' the left speaker.
Can anything be advised and done about all this ?

Thanks
Lars
回复
Hi Lars,
Please enter the Device Config page of element S in MA Remote app, find "Gapless playback", disable it. And try (the 2 operations) again.
回复
It sounds like you're encountering some specific issues with playback of DSF files on your setup. Let's address each of your concerns:

1. Continuous Playback Issue with DSF Files:
- Ensure DSF files are properly organized in album folders.
- Check for firmware updates for your Element S streamer.
- Try different playback software or apps on your streamer.

2. Click/Pop Sound Issue with DSF Files:
- Update firmware for your Topping D90SE DAC/preamp.
- Experiment with different DAC settings related to input sensitivity and filters.
- Ensure DSF files are properly encoded and tagged.
- Contact manufacturer support for further assistance if issues persist.
By systematically addressing these points, you can hopefully improve the playback experience of DSF files on your system and mitigate the issues with clicks/pops between tracks.
回复
I actually faced the second issue in this post although I used a different model of DAC. I also tested PC with USB connected to same DAC. I did not hear the "klick" or "pop" sound when choose different sound files, but I can hear clearly some "buzz" which is very uncomfortable for me when choosing different files. I reported the issue to the manufactory of the DAC I use, but they said they never got such issue reported and asked me to return the device for checking. It totally wastes my time as I do not believe that the DAC is damaged.
回复
(07-24-2024, 09:07 AM)KKK 提到: I actually faced the second issue in this post although I used a different model of DAC. I also tested PC with USB connected to same DAC. I did not hear the "klick" or "pop" sound when choose different sound files, but I can hear clearly some "buzz" which is very uncomfortable for me when choosing different files. I reported the issue to the manufactory of the DAC I use, but they said they never got such issue reported and asked me to return the device for checking. It totally wastes my time as I do not believe that the DAC is damaged.
Hi,

Usually when the sampling rate of the DAC changes, the short noise output by the DAC is caused by the DAC. We have not yet tested the element S with DS90SE and tested the sampling rate switching of various specifications, so it is not clear whether the situation you mentioned exists.

As you mentioned, there is no noise when the PC is connected to the DAC via USB. If the sound is output through the DirectSound method of the Windows system, the audio sampling rate will be fixed to a uniform value, and there will be no popping sound in this case. (But it is worth noting that in this output method, the sampling rate of the music will be changed by Windows)

We will try to borrow a Topping D90SE for testing, and I will give you feedback if there is any result.
回复
(07-24-2024, 09:07 AM)KKK 提到: I actually faced the second issue in this post although I used a different model of DAC. I also tested PC with USB connected to same DAC. I did not hear the "klick" or "pop" sound when choose different sound files, but I can hear clearly some "buzz" which is very uncomfortable for me when choosing different files. I reported the issue to the manufactory of the DAC I use, but they said they never got such issue reported and asked me to return the device for checking. It totally wastes my time as I do not believe that the DAC is damaged.
Hi  KKK,

We borrowed the TOPPING D90LE DAC. The D90LE and D90SE only lack MQA support, and the other functions are the same.

On the D90LE, we restored the popping sound heard from the speakers when playing the DSD format or switching between different DSD formats.

The above popping sound is caused by the DAC not "processing" the data change, so the popping sound will be heard from the DAC output when the input audio data changes, such as format change, sampling change. This situation has nothing to do with the front-end element S digital transportor.

Thank you!
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: