主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Still not fixed w/ B91901: NAS folders now "Offline" after scan, re-scan not possible
Bottom-line up-front: In MA Remote, all NAS folders show "Disable" even after successfully scanning them, and re-scanning is impossible unless power on the Element X is disconnected and reconnected.

I'll get the basics out of the way first:
My device is an Element X with firmware version B81801.
I'm running MA Remote v1.5.2 on two iPads and an iPhone.

Here's how I first noticed the problem:  I disconnected my Element X from power, so I knew my NAS folders would need to be rescanned.  Once I reconnected MA Remote to the Element X,  I navigated to Library -> Files, noticed that my mapped NAS folders were still listed (pic #1), tapped on "..." next to the first listed folder, then tapped on Enable (pic #2).  MA Remote confirmed that the folder was connected (pic #3) and proceeded to update my Library (pic #4).  After a short time, MA Remote confirmed that the Library update completed successfully (pic #5).  After this, I proceeded to Enable the remaining three NAS folders.

Here's what I see after Enabling all NAS folders:  Even after Enabling all four of my NAS folders, MA Remote still reports that all four folders are Disable (pic #6).  What's worse, if I try to Enable one of the folders, MA Remote reports that it can't connect to the folder (pic #7).  However, tapping on a folder name will reveal its contents (pic #8) and there are clearly files in my Library (pic #9).  What's more, my music still plays!

Why this is a problem:  If I add music to one of my NAS folders, there is now no way to re-scan any of the folders because MA Remote shows the folders as Disable and re-scanning them is not shown as an option (pic #10).  That means the only way to update my folders whenever I add music is to disconnect and reconnect power to my Element X and re-Enable all of NAS folders from scratch.  This is unacceptable.  Because the vast majority of my music is stored on my NAS, this makes the MA Remote virtually useless for me for music playback.

What else:  Before the latest firmware/app updates, the same problem existed but I was able to work around it by removing and re-adding my Element X from/to MA Remote.  After the Element X was re-added, MA Remote would report that my NAS folders were Enable.  This workaround no longer works.  Also, the new issue is present on both the iPad and iPhone versions of the software.

Thank goodness that the Element X is Roon Ready or I'd have an expensive paperweight!
回复
We also found the similar problem. It'll be fixed by next firmware update soon.
A couple of days.

By the way, you no need to remove and re-add the device to MA app to solve it after the update.
回复
Thumbs Up 
(02-02-2021, 06:38 AM)Cao Wei 提到: We also found the similar problem. It'll be fixed by next firmware update soon.
A couple of days.

By the way, you no need to remove and re-add the device to MA app to solve it after the update.

Was firmware B91901 supposed to fix these problems?  Because the problems are different now, but definitely not fixed:

Now, after MA Remote has completed the NAS folder scans, the folders appear as Offline (attachment #1 below); they appeared as Disable with the last firmware.  However, music is still present in Library (attachment #2 below) and plays.

When I tap on  (next to the each folder’s address), then tap Edit, then tap Complete, MA Remote displays a dialog box that says that MA Remote is Unable to connect to SMB Sharing Folder (attachment #3 below).

However, the biggest problem that remains is that there’s still no way to manually rescan the folders.  In other words, if I add new music to my NAS, I still have to disconnect and reconnect my Element X from power and start the NAS scans from scratch to get the new music to appear in my Library.  This is not good.

Sigh.  I guess I’m back to Roon again.

That said, Happy New Year!

附件 图片

回复
Yes we made some changes to adding SMB sharing folders, but it seems not work for you.
Can you do the following steps:
1. delete all the NAS paths from MA app;
2. disconnect power cable of the element X, wait for more than 20 seconds and re-connect the power, then turn the unit on;
3. Add these NAS paths to MA app again.
回复
(02-05-2021, 04:55 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Yes we made some changes to adding SMB sharing folders, but it seems not work for you.
2. disconnect power cable of the element X, wait for more than 20 seconds and re-connect the power, then turn the unit on;

Thanks for the suggestions, but I tried everything you suggested and MA Remote is still behaving just as I described before: The NAS folders still appear Offline even though music is in my Library and plays.  What's more, tapping Edit on the screen shown in Attachment 1 doesn't do anything.  Again, I'm back to disconnecting/reconnecting power and starting from scratch every time I add music to my NAS since there's still no way to initiate a manual folder rescan.  FWIW it's a QNAP NAS, not something unusual or uncommon.

One thing I did notice is that as soon as I enter the path/username/password for each SMB folder, MA Player connects but immediately shows the folder as Offline - even while it's scanning the folder (see Attachments 2 and 3a)!  This doesn't make sense - how can MA Player scan the folder if it's Offline?

It appears to me that my folders are mistakenly being reported as Offline even though they're clearly not (again, music is in my Library and plays, so obviously none of my NAS folders are really Offline).  Once whatever is broken in the MA Remote app starts correctly reporting my NAS folders as Online, I have a feeling my other issues will disappear.

If it matters, I'm connected to my router via ethernet, so this isn't the result of an intermittent wi-fi issue or anything like that.

You seem to imply that I'm the only one having this issue.  Here's the problem with that logic: Before the last two firmware/software updates, I could get my NAS folders working by removing and re-adding my Element X to the MA Remote app.  Now, not even that works.  Clearly a new bug cropped up during the last set of firmware and/or software updates.  Maybe I'm the only one who's reported it, but I've changed nothing on my end other than updating software/firmware.

This is disappointing and frustrating; I very much hope you and your team are able to help me figure this out.

Back to Roon for now... Sad

附件 图片

回复
(02-05-2021, 06:29 AM)Gregory 提到:
(02-05-2021, 04:55 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Yes we made some changes to adding SMB sharing folders, but it seems not work for you.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I tried everything you suggested and MA Remote is still behaving just as I described before: The NAS folders still appear Offline even though music is in my Library and plays.  What's more, tapping Edit on the screen shown in Attachment 1 doesn't do anything.  Again, I'm back to disconnecting/reconnecting power and starting from scratch every time I add music to my NAS since there's still no way to initiate a manual folder rescan.  FWIW it's a QNAP NAS, not something unusual or uncommon.

One thing I did notice is that as soon as I enter the path/username/password for each SMB folder, MA Player connects but immediately shows the folder as Offline - even while it's scanning the folder (see Attachments 2 and 3a)!  This doesn't make sense - how can MA Player scan the folder if it's Offline?

It appears to me that my folders are mistakenly being reported as Offline even though they're clearly not (again, music is in my Library and plays, so obviously none of my NAS folders are really Offline).  Once whatever is broken in the MA Remote app starts correctly reporting my NAS folders as Online, I have a feeling my other issues will disappear.

If it matters, I'm connected to my router via ethernet, so this isn't the result of an intermittent wi-fi issue or anything like that.

You seem to imply that I'm the only one having this issue.  Here's the problem with that logic: Before the last two firmware/software updates, I could get my NAS folders working by removing and re-adding my Element X to the MA Remote app.  Now, not even that works.  Clearly a new bug cropped up during the last set of firmware and/or software updates.  Maybe I'm the only one who's reported it, but I've changed nothing on my end other than updating software/firmware.

This is disappointing and frustrating; I very much hope you and your team are able to help me figure this out.

Back to Roon for now... Sad

Hi Gregory,
Honestly speaking you are not the only one who mentioned this issue, now we have another customer talking about issues similiar to yours.
Can you send me an email (caowei@matrix-digi.com) do you mind to test with a beta firmware?
回复
(02-05-2021, 08:05 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi Gregory,
Honestly speaking you are not the only one who mentioned this issue, now we have another customer talking about issues similiar to yours.
Can you send me an email (caowei@matrix-digi.com) do you mind to test with a beta firmware?

I don't mind trying a beta firmware as long as I can revert to the release version once we've completed testing. I just don't want to accidentally break something else with the beta firmware that renders Roon inoperative. I'll go ahead and send you an email right now. Thanks!
回复
(02-05-2021, 06:24 PM)Gregory 提到:
(02-05-2021, 08:05 AM)Cao Wei 提到: Hi Gregory,

I don't mind trying a beta firmware as long as I can revert to the release version once we've completed testing.  I just don't want to accidentally break something else with the beta firmware that renders Roon inoperative.  I'll go ahead and send you an email right now.  Thanks!

Hi Greg,
Just to confirm, did you received my 2 emails which I sent them 50 minutes ago?
回复
Thumbs Up 
Hi Cao-

I did receive your emails.  I just wanted to thank you for your very responsive, personalized help with the issues I was having.  Everything continues to work great since we last chatted.  We can consider the issues I raised in this thread closed.

I apologize for not posting here sooner expressing my gratitude.  It’s great that we were able to conclude this thread on a positive note.

Thanks again!
Greg
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客