主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Firmware updates and changelogs of element S (bug collecting)
(10-07-2023, 03:15 PM)Bob 提到: This issue i have is, if i navigate to a folder and try to play some tracks it will not play that track, it will play the same track but from a different folder !

For example i have a folder with 4 tracks ripped from a cd, all .AIFF. It will play 3 out of 4 of them from that folder, but it will play the 2nd track from the album, witch is in it's own folder and it's a ripped track in a .M4A format ?

Also when playing tracks from an album, again it will not play the whole album from the files in the folder, it will play some tracks from a folder that contains completions of tracks, like ripped best of CD's.
Hi Bob, it seemed that the problem is caused by the metadata of your music files. I'm not sure about it, just a speculation. I didn't heard of this issue from other users. Is this issue happen to every albums or happen to particular albums? Can you put this album on another USB drive, where only contains this album, plug it to the element S, in this case, will the issue happen again?
回复
(10-16-2023, 02:34 AM)Philip_2702 提到: Couple of questions...

Radio Paradise tab in internet radio does not show "global/world" mix. 

Second question... remoteapp shows firmware as 1.0.4 build 12, but release notes only shows changes of build 008. These forums only show details for build 008 too. What was included in build 012?
Hi, that're what the app get from their API, let us check further.
Ingnore the 008 and 012 firmware, newer firmware is online, check it.
回复
Since firmware 1.0.4 the element S streamer in my setup cannot reliably stream higher resolution files (both qobuz, tidal). The sound is crackling with pops every second or so.  This is a major issue.  And The issue still is there with 1.0.5. 

Problem context:
From what I can see it happens most when the throughput (as visible in the MA app is 1500 kbps or higher). I have no reason to believe this is related to the network since it was streaming just great before these two updates and measured network capacity is orders of magnitude faster.

Tried both USB dac output and AES/EBU outputs with same results. 

Hope this issue can be resolved quickly.
Thanks
回复
Hi Marc,
What DAC are you using? Can you test with another DAC? Are you using a Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet connection?
Can you record a video to show the noise?
回复
(10-24-2023, 08:07 AM)Wei Cao 提到: Hi Marc,
What DAC are you using? Can you test with another DAC? Are you using a Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet connection?
Can you record a video to show the noise?
Hi Wei,
the issue only occurs with wifi streaming. The issue seem similar to another reported issue where the crackling/pop is worse at beginning of song. But as mentionned it also keeps crackling during the whole song.
i use a NAD M51 Dac. I can try another dac, but as mentionned, it worked really well before recent firmware updates with that same Dac.

Thanks,
marc
回复
I updated the firmware on element S 2 days ago. since then spotify connect does not recognize the element s.  if i turn off and on it will show briefly then will disappear. I am able to connect via airplay 2. additionally, although i am connected via LAN, when i try to report the error log it say error.
fyi. using denafips pontus 2 dac and hegel amp

thank you
回复
(10-24-2023, 02:04 PM)Marc_2568 提到: The issue seem similar to another reported issue where the crackling/pop is worse at beginning of song. But as mentionned it also keeps crackling during the whole song.
You may read that someone is talking about the start popping noise, but I guess you are expressing another situation.
Will the NAD DAC work with the element S through coaxial or toslink correctly?
回复
(10-31-2023, 05:11 AM)Wei Cao 提到:
(10-24-2023, 02:04 PM)Marc_2568 提到: The issue seem similar to another reported issue where the crackling/pop is worse at beginning of song. But as mentionned it also keeps crackling during the whole song.
You may read that someone is talking about the start popping noise, but I guess you are expressing another situation.
Will the NAD DAC work with the element S through coaxial or toslink correctly?
Hi Wei, I tried with coaxial and the issue is also there. As for usb and AES/EBU, the issue is there only with wifi streaming. Ethernet cable streaming works fine.
thanks,
Marc
回复
Not sure if this is a function of the changes to firmware or to the MA remote.

I have just bought an Element S

I can stream from Tidal etc without a problem.

I can play from my attached library - HDD attached to USB C port

I can switch back and forward between the two.

When I try to use the vTuner radio, it refuses to lock onto radio stations and cycles on off on off ......

When I try to switch back to Library or Streaming I get a "network error - please try again" message which requires me to close down the MA remote and reload it. This happens on my iPhone with the latest version and with my iPad with the latest version. I do not have an Android phone to check that.

I am able to access those same radio stations directly from the vTuner website on my computer, iPhone and iPad. This implies that there is nothing wrong with the stations or the vTuner site.

This very annoying indeed as I use internet radio a lot and I was looking forward to having it within the same streamer.

Any thoughts?

Howard
回复
(12-01-2023, 01:25 PM)Howard_3140 提到: Not sure if this is a function of the changes to firmware or to the MA remote.
hi~Howard
Which station were you listening to? Where are you based at, please?
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客