主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Firmware updates and changelogs of element S (bug collecting)
Hi, I have now use Matrix S for 3 months.  I normally only play music from local library or Tidal.  My local library is store on a 4TB SSD drive via the USBC port on Matrix S.  I use MA remote app mainly on IOS device.  Have find a few problem:

Matrix S Issues:
1.  From time to time, Matrix S does not detect the SSD or will not scan the SSD.  It happened in both cases if the SSD is always connected to Matrix S or after reconnecting with Matrix S.  Even if I force the Matrix to rescan the SSD, it may come back with error message of "Network Problem, Please try again later".  Sometimes if I power off Matrix S and power on again, Matrix S will rescan the SSD.  But recently after I update the firmware to latest, Matrix S cannot rescan the SSD until I reset the setting to factory default.  I hope you can fix this bug of better detecting the SSD and make rescan work better.  Or please let me know better way to force Matrix S to rescan the library.
2.  After factory reset.  Seems the favourite Tracks, favourite Albums and favourite Artist on the library can be kept.  However, all my playlist for the library is lost.  Can you also keep the playlist after factory reset or store it on the SSD instead.  Or would you consider to add a function to export and import playlist in M3U format.
3.  Every time if I switch tracks from MA remote app or a song is played on a different album on the queue, there is always an annoying "di-di" sound when playing the new audio file, can you remove that.  It is annoying when listening through loudspeaker and it is even more annoying when I listen through high sensitivity headphones and IEMs. 
4.  When will Matrix S support Tidal Max? Currently your client will not support FLAC files more than 48K sampling rate.  

MA Remote app:
1.  Multi-disk Album in library: I have a lot of albums in library that has multi-disk.  For playing an album, you have choice of either sort by track or alphabetical.  For sort by track, can you sort it by disk no. first.  At the moment if I have in this album disk 1: track 1, 2, 3 and disk 2: track 1,2,3.  You will play: disk 1 track1 -> disk 2 track 1 -> disc 1 track 2 -> disc 2 track 2 .....  For most other player they will play in correct order: disk 1 track 1 -> disk 1 track 2 -> disk 1 track 3 -> disk 2 track 1 ....  So would please look into disk no. data for each track and play it in correct order?
2. Artwork of Album on remote app.  I notice that you can not display the embedded artwork on the audio file on Matrix S display if the audio file has an embedded artwork for that audio file from last firmware update.  However, the album or track artwork does not synchronise with that on the MA remote app.  Can you add an option that the remote app has choice to synchronise with the embedded artwork from the audio file.
3. Artwork of Artist.  What is the mechanism of the photo you use for artist.  I notice that sometimes you may use the same artist photos as those on Tidal.  However, even if the artist name in my library is the same as Tidal, I don't see MA Remote will display the photo of that Artist.  How can I make MA Remote display better the photo of Artist.
4. On library, can you add one more display category of Album Artist instead of just Artist.  One Album only has one Album Artist.  I have 100,000 songs in my library so very ineffective to find songs or albums from artist.
5.  Search on library.  Searching is not very reliable on MA Remote app.  Very often I cannot search a particular aritist or song.  For example, if I search "Teresa", I can never get to Teresa Teng on Artist.  But I may get her by search Teng.  And sometimes even I search with the correct whole name of a track, I cannot see it on the result on track.  Some time it work and some time it doesn't.  Can you improve on accuracy of search?

Many thanks
回复
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for the delay, it's Chinese New Year Holiday. Thanks for the understanding.
Regarding the issue you are having:
We have released another firmware update before our holidays, did you installed that? Please let me know your current firmware number.
1. Can you disconnect the SSD and reconnect it to the S? If the issue still happen, please enter the settings menu from the device, find the last option Tech Support, and upload the logs. After the logs uploaded, let me know the S/N of your device. (You can send it through the forum PM)
2. It's a normal behaviour after you performed a factory reset. After you did the factory reset, the device will wipe all the info.
3. What DAC are you using? does the popping noise exists when you play from a PC to the DAC through USB connection? What connection are you using with the S to your DAc?
4. Probably we still need several month to start this project. (TIDAL API)

MA Remote app:
1. Multi-disks should be put in separated folders and have different info in metadata, for example the "Albulm" should be Album xxx CD1, and Album xxx CD2, then the CD1 and CD2 will be displayed in separated album in MA app.
2. this is a known issue of previous firmware (v1.0.6 B016), the latest firmware (v1.0.6 B019) should have fixed it.
3. images of artists are get from the Internet, it may be the same as TIDAL, and may not.
4. I will forward this request to the dev team. But I don't know if this can be done.
5. Also, I will let the dev team know. Thanks for your patience.
回复
Hi!
Using Matrix S since january, DAC Musician Pegasus connected by I2S cable.
1. When starts playing DSD file theres always loud click sound.
2. Can you add possibility of iso files playback? My Fiio m17 plays them perfectly well and I have great collection of SACD digital images.
回复
(03-12-2024, 09:14 AM)Plaksienko 提到: Hi!
2. Can you add possibility of iso files playback? My Fiio m17 plays them perfectly well and I have great collection of SACD digital images.
Hi Plaksienko,
Usually the popping noise happens in the D/A conversion stage when the sampling rates is changing or switching tracks. The audio transport doesn't have the ability to inhibit this type of noise.
Will your DAC output popping noise when you switching DSD tracks when the device is playing from the element S or a computer through USB connection?
回复
(03-12-2024, 10:25 AM)LI HUI 提到:
(03-12-2024, 09:14 AM)Plaksienko 提到: Hi!
Hi Plaksienko,
Usually the popping noise happens in the D/A conversion stage when the sampling rates is changing or switching tracks. The audio transport doesn't have the ability to inhibit this type of noise.
Will your DAC output popping noise when you switching DSD tracks when the device is playing from the element S or a computer through USB connection?
I use only I2s out of matrix S connected to dac's in. No computer, no usb connection. When I change source to cayin idap no clicking. Clicks only with DSD files, when switching from one to another.
回复
(03-12-2024, 11:37 AM)Plaksienko 提到: I use only I2s out of matrix S connected to dac's in. No computer, no usb connection. When I change source to cayin idap no clicking. Clicks only with DSD files, when switching from one to another.
Hi,Plaksienko
I talked about this issue with the developer of Musician Audio, it seems that a compatibility issue. Is it possible to connect the Musician to Matrix through USB cable and test if there is still popping noise?
回复
(03-13-2024, 07:33 AM)LI HUI 提到:
(03-12-2024, 11:37 AM)Plaksienko 提到: I use only I2s out of matrix S connected to dac's in. No computer, no usb connection. When I change source to cayin idap no clicking. Clicks only with DSD files, when switching from one to another.
Hi,Plaksienko
I talked about this issue with the developer of Musician Audio, it seems that a compatibility issue. Is it possible to connect the Musician to Matrix through USB cable and test if there is still popping noise?
I can try it, but usually I2s signal quality is much better and I already own silver cable for it =) 
Probably you can advice r2r dacs without such an issue? I thought about Audio-GD R-8HE MK2 or something alike.
回复
(03-13-2024, 08:36 AM)Plaksienko 提到: I can try it, but usually I2s signal quality is much better and I already own silver cable for it =) 
Probably you can advice r2r dacs without such an issue? I thought about Audio-GD R-8HE MK2 or something alike.
Hi Plaksienko,
Unfortunately we have never tested R2R DACs with element S, and very few users use R2R DAC. I don't have enough cases of element S working with a R2R DAC. So, I don't have advices on this. Sorry. If I have a chance to borrow a Musician DAC, the dev team will check if it is possible to be improved.
回复
Hola, se ha actualizado mi tablet Samsung Galaxy a su nuevo Frimware y ahora el M.A. Remote falla haciendo errores como por ejemplo se hacen pequeñas en la pantalla algunas letras y carátulas sin sentido alguno y además ahora el sonido es horrible suena muy mal; por favor mirad a ver y haced una actualización del M.A. Remote, gracias

Hello, my Samsung Galaxy tablet has been updated to its new Frimware and now the M.A. Remote fails by making errors such as some letters and covers becoming small on the screen without any sense and also now the sound is horrible, it sounds very bad; Please take a look and update the M.A. remote, thanks
回复
Hi Miguel Ángel,

Are you sure the audio output became horrible after your Galaxy Tab updated its firmware? This really makes no sense.
By the way, the MA Remote doesn't adapt to Android tablets. Sorry.

Can you record a video to let me know how horrible the sound is? (You may not upload videos as attachments to this post, please upload it to a cloud drive and share a link here)
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客