主题评价:
  • 0 次(票) - 平均星级: 0
Element H - X-SPDIF 2 + external power supply - crackling noise
Hi,

I have Element H in a PC with WIN11 connected to X-SPDIF 2 with an external 7.5V/0.8A power supply. When the signal went out through the IIS port, the music played smoothly, when I sent music through the coaxial port, there was a crackling sound, sometimes the music stopped and moved to the next song.

When I remove the power supply of X-SPDIF 2 and turn on the internal power supply of element H, everything is OK.

Strange, maybe there are interferences that are unimportant for the IIS port, but are important in the case of the coaxial port?

I believe that powering directly the X-SPDIF 2 bypassing Element H will shorten the power supply path and remove power from the USB-USB cable, which should have a positive effect on the sound, and that's what I care about.

Regards

[url=https://translate.google.pl/details][/url]
回复
Hi,

I didn't get an answer, but life wrote a further scenario.

Today, there was a constant screeching of sounds instead of music even when X-SPDIF 2 was powered via USB, after various attempts it turned out to be a problem with X-SPDIF 2: it was broken and it is only 2 years and 5 months old and was used for 2-3 hours in the week ...
Terrible quality for audio equipment that aspires to be of a higher class Sad

I will contact the distributor in Poland, but knowing life, there will be one answer - the warranty was 2 years.

Disappointed.
回复
Hi Sebastian,
Sorry for the delay, it's Chinese New Year Holiday. Thanks for the understanding.
Have you tried replacing the power supply device with a higher power for X-SPDIF 2?
回复
Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not currently have a more powerful power supply, but I have been using the current one for 2 years and there have been no problems with the sound quality.

Additionally, powering X-SPDIF 2 via USB Element H, which takes power from the PC, also causes the exact same problem, so it doesn't seem to be a power problem.

Sending the audio signal directly from Element H to the DAC via USB works flawlessly, which also confirms that the power supply via USB is correct.

Regards
回复
Can you connect the X-SPDIF2 to your computer's built-in USB port, and not use external power supply to the X-SPDIF2 (use the USB bus power). Will the X-SPDIF 2 work correctly?
By the way, what DAC are you using with the X-SPDIF 2?
回复
Hi,

I connected the X-SPDIF2 to my computer's built-in USB port, do not use external power supply to the X-SPDIF2 (use the USB bus power)
The X-SPDIF 2 works incorrectly, just like with external power supply - the sound is scratchy and very digitally distorted.

I am using Hegel H600 - DAC integrated with the amplifier.

Regards
回复
Hi Sebastian,
In your first post, where you mentioned the IIS output works normally. What DAC do you use with the IIS connection? Hegel H600 doesn't have IIS input.
Do you have an optical cable? Will the sound distorted when you are using optical connection to the Hegel Amp? Can you replace the coaxial cable to another one and test again?
What player software are you using on your PC? Do you have another DAC? Will the issue happen to another DAC?
回复
Hi

I have made many different attempts and there is progress for powering via USB of the computer:
the phase in the socket was on the right, and the standard in Europe is the phase on the left. I corrected it and there are no problems so far - I will test it.
For the previous configuration, the side on which the phase was probably did not matter.
There is still a problem with the external power supply - sometimes there are interferences all the time, sometimes only from time to time, but the problem is there.
I will check the actual voltage at the power supply output - it is 7.4 V, but I cannot check the actual power supply.
There is a good chance that it is the power supply that is failing, so I will probably buy a new, better linear power supply.
I'll let you know.

Regards
回复
Hi,

The solution to the second part of the problem related to crackling sounds when using external power was the power supply itself. Replacing the power supply with a new, better one solved the problem.

I would like to thank the Matrix Audio Team for their inquisitive approach to the problem - it forced me to make many tests, which finally showed what the problem was. Otherwise, I would probably give up and maybe even throw away a good device.

I have to revise my earlier negative opinion - Matrix Audio products are very good, high-quality audio devices, and with great technical support, they are an ideal choice for an audiophile.

Thank you very much
Sebastian
回复
Wink 
(03-11-2024, 06:29 PM)Sebastian_2540 提到: Hi,

The solution to the second part of the problem related to crackling sounds when using external power was the power supply itself. Replacing the power supply with a new, better one solved the problem.

I would like to thank the Matrix Audio Team for their inquisitive approach to the problem - it forced me to make many tests, which finally showed what the problem was. Otherwise, I would probably give up and maybe even throw away a good device.

I have to revise my earlier negative opinion - Matrix Audio products are very good, high-quality audio devices, and with great technical support, they are an ideal choice for an audiophile.

Thank you very much
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

Big Grin Glad that you have addressed the issue, if you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.
回复

论坛跳转:

正在浏览该主题的用户: 1 个游客